Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Feeling Effed, again?

Dear Lara,


I received a ticket in the mail last night for a red light violation.  Apparently I made a right turn on a red light without stopping.  Ok, ok, there are pictures online to prove it.  Big Brother is indeed watching... guilty as charged.  Problem is, this happened on March 3rd and this is the first I'm learning of this ticket.  My ticket has since doubled and is in Final Determination.  I now owe a whopping 200 bucks for something I never knew I did until yesterday.  I called the City.  They claim to have sent me 2 other notices of which I never received.  What do I do?  


Sincerely,
Yourself 




Dear You,

I know that you have exhausted your options.  You've spoken with the City.  You've visited your local post office and filed a formal complaint against your mail carrier.  There is nothing else you can do.  Breathe deeply.  Painfully remind yourself that life isn't fair... something you will try with all your might to never use as a lame excuse for your children.  And move on.  Yes, pay the damn City of Chicago more money they don't deserve and believe that they most likely never mailed you two other notices to begin with in the hopes that they would ultimately get that 200 bucks.  Screw you Mayor Daly and the USPS.  There, does that help??

Sincerely,
Feeling effed - But moving on

No comments: