Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doo Doo Daddy

Dear Lara,
I was giving my daughter a bath and reached for the shampoo. When I turned back, I saw that my daughter had got herself some poo of a different kind. No more tears it was not. I pulled her out of the tub before she came in contact and needed a silkwood shower. I gently cleaned her off but what do I do about the tub toys? They are some of her favorites. Do I need to throw them in the trash? Do I need a new tub?
Signed,
Doo-Doo daddy
Okay maybe I exaggerated a bit, but...

Dear Doo-Doo daddy,

Let me begin by saying you are a great dad. Not only are you getting your hands dirty (pun intended) but you are also reaching out and asking for a little help along the way. Let me also state how impressed I am with your cat-like reflexes in getting your pretty little one out of that filthy water. Now, onto the next steps. I suggest that you dump all of those tub toys into a large basin or bucket filled with cold water and 3/4 of a cup of regular Clorox Bleach. Allow your ducks and tugboats to soak for 5 minutes, rinse with fresh water and air dry. As for the tub - a few squirts of tub and tile cleaner along with a good healthy rinse should do the trick. Hope this helps and best wishes for a future filled with brighter baths and fewer floaters...

Splish Splash,
Lara

No comments: